Have you ever encountered a contact in Outlook that you need help remembering? Maybe it’s someone you met at a conference or an old colleague. With this, you can quickly bring up information about that person to jog your memory. This article will show you what is Outlook contact card and how to use it. You will also learn about some of the fields available on the card and how to customize it to your needs. By the end of this article, you will be an expert in using it!
What is an Outlook Contact Card?
It is an saved collection of information about a contact that you can view and edit in Outlook. The card includes the contact’s name, phone number, email address, and mailing address. You can also add notes about the connection, set a reminder for yourself, and view the contact’s recent emails.
How to create an Outlook Contact Card
When you create a new contact in Outlook, you can include a lot of different information about that person. One way to keep this information organized is to create an Card. This is a digital business card that contains all of the contact information for a person, and it can be shared with other Outlook users.
To create an Card:
1. Open Outlook and click on “Contacts” in the navigation pane.
2. Click “New Contact” in the toolbar.
3. Enter the contact’s information into the appropriate fields. Be sure to include as much detail as possible so that the Contact Card is complete.
4. Click “Save & Close” when you are finished.
The next time you need to look up this person’s contact information, it will be readily available. You can also share this Contact Card with others by selecting it and clicking “Forward.”
How to edit an Outlook Contact Card
If you’re using Outlook for your email, you’ve probably noticed the Contact Card that pops up when you hover over a person’s name. This is a handy way to see a person’s contact information without having to open their contact record. But did you know that you can also edit the information on a Contact Card?
To edit this Card, click on the edit icon (which looks like a pencil) in the top right corner of the card. This will open up the contact record so that you can make changes to any of the fields. Once you’re finished making your changes, click Save in the top right corner of the screen.
That’s all there is to edit an Outlook Contact Card! This feature allows you to keep your contact information up-to-date and accurate without having to open each contact record.
How to delete an Outlook Contact Card
Assuming you are logged into your Microsoft Outlook account, follow these steps to delete a contact card:
1. Select the “Contacts” tab from the bottom left corner of the main screen.
2. Select the contact card you wish to delete from your contacts list.
3. Once selected, click on the “Actions” drop-down menu above your contacts list.
4. From the “Actions” menu, select “Delete Contact.”
5. A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm that you want to delete the selected contact card. Click “Yes” to confirm and delete the contact card permanently.
The Outlook Contact Card is a great way to keep track of your contacts and their information. It’s easy to use and can be accessed from anywhere in Outlook. It is an excellent option if you’re looking for a simple way to keep track of your contacts.
Miles Morgan is a Boston-based author with a particular interest in technology and its potential to change the world. He has been writing since he was a child and his work has been published in various magazines and newspapers.