One of the great things about Outlook is that it offers a variety of ways to manage your email. For example, you can set up rules to automatically move messages to specific folders and block certain email addresses, so you never have to see their notes again. If you’re sick of getting emails from a particular address or getting spam from a lesson you don’t want to hear, blocking them in Outlook is a great way to deal with the problem. In this article, we’ll show you how to stop an email address in Outlook, so you never have to see messages from that address again.
How to Block an Email Address in Outlook
Blocking an email address in Outlook is a simple process that only takes a few seconds to complete. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open Outlook and click on the “Home” tab.
2. In the “Delete” group, click on the “Junk” drop-down menu and select “Block Sender.”
3. Enter the email address you want to block in the “Block Sender” dialogue box and click “OK.”
4. That’s it! The specified email address will now be blocked in Outlook, and you will no longer receive any messages from that sender.
How to Unblock an Email Address in Outlook
If you have blocked an email address in Outlook and want to unblock it, here’s how:
1. Go to the Tools menu and select Email Accounts.
2. Select View or change existing email accounts and click Next.
3. Select the account you want to unblock and click Change.
4. Uncheck the box next to Block incoming messages from addresses I specify.
5. Click Finish and then OK.
How to Change your Blocked Sender Settings in Outlook
If you’re getting too much spam in your Outlook inbox, you can use the Blocked Senders feature to help manage the problem. Blocking a sender prevents future messages from that sender from being delivered to your inbox. In addition, you can add addresses and domains to your blocked sender list or secure an entire field.
Here’s how to change your blocked sender settings in Outlook:
1. Go to Outlook.com and sign in with your Microsoft account.
2. Click the gear icon in the top right corner and select Options.
3. Select Safe and Blocked Senders from the options on the left.
4. To add an address or domain to your blocked sender list, enter it into the Block email address or Block domain field and click Add > Block > Save.
5. To unblock an address or domain, select it from the Blocked Senders list and click Remove > Save.
Pros and Cons of Blocking Email Addresses
There are a few different ways to block an email address in Outlook, and each has its pros and cons. One way is to use the Block Sender feature in Outlook. This will send future messages from that email address to your Junk Email folder. The pro of this method is that it’s quick and easy to do. The con is that you’ll still receive the initial message from the blocked sender, which will clog up your Junk Email folder.
Another way to block an email address is to create a rule in Outlook. This will allow you to specify what action you want to be taken when a message from the specified email address arrives. The pro of this method is that you can choose to have the message deleted, moved to a specific folder, or even forwarded to another email address. The con is that it takes more time to set up than the Block Sender feature.
Which method you choose depends on your personal preferences. For example, if you are OK with dealing with a few different messages in your Junk Email folder, then the Block Sender feature may be your best option. On the other hand, if you want more control over what happens to messages from blocked senders, you are then creating a rule that is the way to go.
There are a few different ways to block an email address in Outlook, but the most effective way is to add the address to your blocked sender list. This will ensure that all emails from that address are automatically sent to your spam folder, and you won’t have to see them again. You can also set up filters so that only certain types of emails are allowed, or you can forward all of your emails to another account where you can manage them more effectively. Whichever method you choose, make sure you take action so that you don’t have to deal with unwanted emails anymore.
Miles Morgan is a Boston-based author with a particular interest in technology and its potential to change the world. He has been writing since he was a child and his work has been published in various magazines and newspapers.